Summer Success Resources

You are ready to spend this summer getting yourself that much closer to achieving your degree and career goals, but you have a few questions first. We are ready with the answers! Check out the Frequently Asked Questions below to find the answers you seek regarding summer sessions enrollment, financial aid, and more. We have also got some helpful R'Web tips that will guide you through the online enrollment process. Plus, check out our list of fantastic resources across UCR ready to support you throughout the summer. 

If you can't find the answer to your question here, contact the Summer Sessions office at or (951) 827-3044. If you need to speak to someone in person, schedule an appointment with us. Please keep in mind that Summer Sessions cannot assist with summer financial aid or readmission, nor can we waive or adjust holds or fees placed by other departments. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Help With Enrollment
Help With Fees
  • When are my class fees due?

    Please see the Cost & Aid section of our website for payment deadline. 

  • What are Referendum Fees?

    The Referendum Fees (also known as Quarterly Fees) are mandatory campus fees that were approved by ballot by the student body at UCR. They cover such services as the Student Recreation Center, the campus newspaper and the radio station. Learn more about quarterly fees here.

  • I don't plan on using the Student Recreation Center (or another service funded by the referendum fees). Why do I have to pay for it?

    There are no fee waivers for any of the referendum fees. They are all mandatory.

  • I withdrew from a class, but I am still being charged. Why?

    In summer, withdrawing from a class does not result in a refund and a W grade will be recorded. To receive a refund and avoid receiving a W grade, students must drop the course by the published drop deadline. 

    Please note that the drop and withdrawal policies have varied recently due to exceptions made in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. 

    For Summer 2021: To have been eligible for a refund, you must have dropped the course(s) by the published drop-refund deadline(s). If you withdrew from a course after that date via Enrollment Adjustment Form, you would not have received a refund. W grades were not recorded on the transcript except as determined by the college office (typically resulting from a petition). 

    Summer 2020: To have been eligible for a refund, you must have dropped the course(s) on R'Web by the published drop-refund deadline(s). If you withdrew from a course after that date via Enrollment Adjustment Form, you were not eligible for a refund; however, a W grade was not recorded on the transcript.   

    Summer 2019 and prior: By electing to withdraw from a class, you agreed to receive a W on your transcript and no refund was issued for the class. The only way to get a refund and have no record of the class on your transcript was to drop the course on R'Web published deadline.

  • I work at UCR. Do I qualify for a staff discount?

    If you are a UCR career staff employee with a non-ending employment date and you are a continuing, active student for the upcoming academic year, you are eligible for reduced Summer Sessions fees. You will need to complete the UCR Career Staff Discount Form and submit it to the Summer Sessions office for approval before the fee waiver will be applied. 

  • I am the parent/family member of a student who is taking a summer class at UCR, and I have a question about their bill.

    The Summer Sessions office is bound by FERPA to keep students' educational records private, and we can only speak to the student directly about fees charged to their account. If you are a parent/family member and you have a general question about fees, we are more than happy to help, but if you have a specific question about charges on the student's bill, we will have to speak directly with the student. For more information about FERPA at UCR, please see the Registrar's website

Help With Financial Aid

Please keep in mind that the Summer Sessions office can only answer general questions about financial aid. Learn more about summer financial aid options on the Cost & Aid page. If you have a question about your specific aid package,  contact the Financial Aid office at or (951) 827-3878.

Help With Housing

R'Web Help

Having trouble enrolling in classes on R’Web? This section is for you! If you need additional R’Web help, contact Summer Sessions

Accessing R'Web

All summer enrollment takes place online through R'Web. R'Web is a portal that provides access to class schedules, enrollment, records, iLearn, R'Mail and much more. UCR students and visiting (non-UCR) students alike will use R'Web to register for classes.

You will need a NetID and a password to log into R'Web, and you will need to be an active student for Summer 2024 to enroll.

If you are a continuing or newly admitted UCR student, you are already an active student and you should have access to R'Web and enrollment. The enrollment process will be the same as it is during the fall, winter and spring quarters.

If you are a visiting (non-UCR) student, you will need to submit the online application form. Once your form is processed (allow three business days for processing), you will be assigned a NetID, which you will use to log into R'Web and to enroll in classes. Please note that if you have previously taken classes at UCR or filled out an application, your student ID number and NetID will stay the same and you may already have access to R'Web; however, registration will be blocked until you submit a summer application.

UCR students with a lapsed or dismissed status will likely be able to log into R'Web with their existing NetID and password, but enrollment will be blocked. To become an active student, dismissed and lapsed students must submit the application. You will receive a confirmation email when your student account has been re-activated so that you can register.

Additional Summer Sessions Resources

For Students

  • Academic Resource Center (ARC) 
    At the ARC you can find a tutor, take part in Supplemental Instruction (SI), attend workshops, get help with your writing, sign up for test prep sessions, and so much more. 
  • Campus Map 
    Find your classes, parking lots, dining options, and more on the campus map.
  • eLearn
    Use this virtual classroom to complete assignments, engage in discussions, and connect with professors, teaching assistants, and classmates.

For Summer Sessions Staff Only

  • R'Web
    Log into the UCR student portal to enroll in classes, check your email, get notifications from the Financial Aid office, find a campus job, and more.
  • Undergraduate Education
    Home to programs including University Honors, undergraduate research, UC Sacramento, and UCDC, Undergraduate Education can provide the resources and opportunities that will help you succeed at UCR and beyond.
  • University of California Cross-Campus Enrollment
    Take online classes taught by world-class UC faculty members. Satisfy your degree requirements or explore a new subject.