University of California, Riverside

Summer Sessions

2018 Summer Admission and Enrollment

Getting Enrolled, Step-by-Step 

Step 1: Apply

To take Summer Sessions classes, you must be an active UCR student (enrolled in Spring and continuing through Fall), an incoming freshman or transfer student, or a visiting (summer only) student.

  • Active UCR and newly admitted students: enroll directly through R'Web just as you would in any other term.
  • Visiting students: please submit our online application, which will be available March 1, 2018. Once your application is processed (allow three business days for processing), you will receive an e-mail confirmation with instructions on how to access R'Web  where you can enroll in your courses, view your charges, and make online payments.
    • Inactive or dismissed UCR students: you must also submit the online application, but you will also need to see an academic advisor in the college where you plan to re-admit before you will be allowed to enroll in any classes.

Step 2: View Available Courses

The Schedule of Classes will become available for Summer 2018 on March 1. Please check the Schedule of Classes frequently, as course information is subject to change. .

Step 3: Clear Prerequisites

Some courses have prerequisite requirements that must be cleared before you can enroll. Please see the Schedule of Classes to determine if your course has a prerequisite. If the course you are interested in does not have a prerequisite, you can skip this step.

If you are not a UC Riverside student but have completed coursework or have practical experience comparable to the listed prerequisites, please consult with the academic department offering the course prior to enrolling to see if the prerequisites can be waived. You can find the departments' contact information at It may be necessary to submit your transcripts. Please note that you will need a UCR student ID number before any prerequisites can be formally cleared. 

Step 4: Enroll through R'Web

Registration will open on April 2nd, 2018. UCR Seniors will be the first group to enroll. Enrollment will then open in stages to allow the juniors to enroll, then the sophomores, then freshman and incoming fall admits. Visiting, non-UCR students (including inactive and dismissed UCR students) will be the last group to enroll.

Please check R'Web beginning March 1st for your assigned Time TIcket to see when you can enroll.

Step 5: Pay

Once you have enrolled in class(es), you MUST pay your fees in full. Summer is pay-as-you-go, and your fees are due in full the same business day that you enroll to complete your registration. Failure to pay fees in full may result in some or all of your classes being dropped.


Academic Misconduct and Affirmative Action Statement

Academic Misconduct

At the University of California, Riverside (UC Riverside) honesty and integrity are fundamental values that guide and inform us as individuals and as a community. Students must represent themselves truthfully, claim only work that is their own, acknowledge their use of others' words, research results and ideas, using the methods accepted by the appropriate academic disciplines and engage honestly in all academic assignments. Please refer to the UCR Policies and Guidelines.

Affirmative Action Statement

In accordance with applicable State and Federal laws and University policy, the University of California does not discriminate in any of its policies, procedures, or practices on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, handicap, status as a Vietnam era veteran or disabled veteran, medical condition (as defined in Section 12926 of the California Government Code), ancestry, or marital status; nor does the University discriminate on the basis of age or citizenship, within the limits imposed by law or University policy. In conformance with applicable law and University policy, the University of California is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Direct inquiries regarding the University's equal opportunity policies to Gladys Brown, Director for the Office of Faculty and Staff - Affirmative Action, (951) 827-5604.

More Information 

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Summer Sessions Information

UCR Summer Sessions and Special Programs
900 University Ave.
Surge 361
Riverside, CA 92521-0112

Tel: (951) 827-3044
Fax: (951) 827-7370